Anytime Snack Mix
By Dr. Mark Hyman
A quick and delicious snack. Serve as an afternoon snack for the kids, or for adults to munch on with a glass of sparkling water with pomegranate juice.
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted pecan halves
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted whole almonds
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted walnuts pieces
- 1/4 cup hulled raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 6 tablespoons dried organic cranberries
- 6 tablespoons organic golden raisins
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.Mix together the cashews, pecans, almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool the nut mixture slightly. Mix in the dried cranberries and raisins. Store in tightly covered glass bowls.
Per 1/4-cup serving: 213 Calories, 15 g Fat, 1. 6 g Sat, 0 mg Chol, 2. 5 g Fiber, 5 g Protein, 20 g Carb, 4 mg Sodium
Serving size: generous 1/4 cup
Yield: 1 3/4 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes