JOURNAL YOUR JOURNEY
One of the most powerful tools to keep you on track with The Daniel Plan is your journal. Tracking your results keeps you focused and in tune with your progress. One of the primary reasons why people don’t succeed at losing weight and getting healthy is because they neglect to track their food intake and daily habits.
Research shows that keeping a food journal DOUBLES weight loss in just 10 weeks and helps you maintain your ongoing achievements. Describing your journey in a written format will help you stay focused on your goals and gives you a record of your progress to help you stay motivated and use that momentum to keep moving forward.
Perks To Keeping a Journal
- Carefully thought out goals that are written down are powerful.
- Keeping yourself accountable is directly tied to success.
- Writing down everything that goes into your body makes you conscious, aware, and more likely to do the right things (avoiding food amnesia)!
- Keeping a journal lets you see your progress. Often progress in one area will spill over and create positive impact in another area. Before you know it, you will be a new person.
It All Starts With Setting Goals
Before you start journaling, make sure you set goals for yourself. These goals should be:
- Specific: goals are clear and distinct.
- Measurable: emphasizes the need for tangible benchmarks.
- Attainable: goals need to be realistic.
- Relevant: goals that matter.
- Time-bound: stresses the importance of attaining the goal within a certain time frame.
Setting these goals will help your brain help you make it happen!
Track Your Daily Habits
Eating right is only part of The Daniel Plan. Getting more physical activity, doing mental exercises, changing negative thinking patterns, reducing stress, knowing your numbers, getting good sleep, taking your supplements—these are all important aspects too. If you want to get the most out of The Daniel Plan, you need to track your daily habits and keep track of how your are doing in the 5 Essentials: Faith, Food, Fitness, Focus, and Friends.
The Daniel Plan Journal
The Daniel Plan Journal will help you assess your health, stay motivated, track your progress, and adopt new habits. It will also give you the encouragement you need to stay the course with biblical inspiration each day. This is what makes The Daniel Plan unique—faith is the starting point.
This 40-day journal will help you move toward your goals of healthier living.