HERBED SCRAMBLED EGG SANDWICH ON WHOLE-KERNEL RYE TOAST
Mark Hyman, MD
A little different for breakfast, these sandwiches are very filling and would also make a nice light lunch. The fresh minced herbs and sun-dried tomato add variety, flavor, and color to the eggs. Be sure to use 100 percent whole kernel rye bread for a delicious gluten-free sandwich..
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons minced sun-dried tomato (drained and patted dry if oil packed)
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (1-ounce) slices whole-kernel rye bread or gluten-free bread, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, tomato, chives, parsley, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring, until the eggs are set to the desired degree of doneness.
- Lay 2 slices of the toast on a plate or cutting board. Place half the eggs on each slice.
- Top with the remaining 2 slices of toast. Cut each sandwich in half, and serve hot.