GINGER GLAZED SALMON
By Daniel Plan Wellness Advisor, Tana Amen
- 2 8-ounce salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a small mixing bowl, combine honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger root, and mustard. Mix well. Transfer mixture to a shallow baking dish and spread mixture out.
- Place salmon fillets in baking dish and coat one side of fillets with marinade. Turn fillets over and coat the other side. Cover and marinate for 20-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill fillets for 4-5 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Cut the fillets in half. Optional: Salmon may also be cooked in a pan over medium heat. It does not fall apart as easily and remains very moist. However, it loses the “grilled” flavor.