GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON ZEST, GARLIC, AND PARSLEY
Mark Hyman, MD
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons finely minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and tough stem ends removed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, parsley, and lemon zest.
- Brush a grill pan with 1 tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Toss the asparagus with the remaining 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, the salt, and pepper. Grill for about 10 minutes, until golden brown but still crisp-tender.
- Cook time will vary with the thickness of the asparagus.
- Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the garlic, parsley, and lemon zest mixture.