GRILLED GINGER HERBED CHICKEN BREASTS
The herb marinade is subtle and forms a nice crust on the chicken breast when grilled.
- A splash of lime juice finishes the dish.
- 4 (about 1 1/2 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced rosemary
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges
Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish. Whisk together the lime juice, extra-virgin olive oil, ginger, oregano, rosemary, garlic, salt, and red and black pepper. Pour over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Do not let sit for more than 2 hours, as this affects the texture of the chicken. Preheat an outdoor grill, or a grill pan that has been brushed with extra-virgin olive oil, to medium-high. Grill the chicken for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Cooking time will vary with the thickness of the chicken. Serve with lime wedges.