SUPER BOWL SUNDAY DIP
Mark Hyman MD
A remake of the classic seven-layer dip, this is a super dairy- and gluten-free party food. Serve with sliced fresh vegetables.
Serving size: ¼ cup
- 1 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1 medium avocado, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red bell pepper (page 150)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- Spread the refried beans in a shallow bowl or platter.
- In a small bowl, stir together the avocado, red onion, lime juice, oregano, jalapeño, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro, and the salt. Spread the mixture on the refried beans.
- Sprinkle the roasted red pepper over the avocado mixture and top with the tomatoes and remaining cilantro.