TURKEY BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
Mark Hyman MD
This flavorful breakfast sausage with sage and apple is a delicious, healthy alternative to store-bought sausage.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup finely diced apple, such as Gala or Red Delicious
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons finely minced sage
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the ground turkey, apple, onion, sage, thyme, 1 tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil, the salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into eight 4-inch patties, each about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until firm to the touch.