SADDLEBACK CHURCH FITNESS COURSE
FREE FITNESS COURSE COMES TO SADDLEBACK’S LAKE FOREST CAMPUS
Can’t afford a gym membership but want to exercise? Saddleback Church has a new Fitness Course which is now available to use free of charge on its Lake Forest campus!
This 1/2 mile course include five “zones” — or stations — with new equipment per zone that target different muscle groups. According to Tina Pretsch, AFAA Certified Personal trainer and Saddleback Church staff member, the Fitness Course provides a good variety of exercises that can improve your strength, endurance and flexibility.
FITNESS COURSE TIPS
Pretsch offered the following pointers for getting started on the Fitness Course:
- Check with your physician before starting any new exercise regimen (legal disclaimer). If at anytime you feel faint or dizzy, discontinue exercising and consult your physician.
- Be smart! Work out with a friend, or small group. Bring water bottle, towel and phone.
- Begin with a 5-minute warm-up walk/run/jumping jacks and stretch.
- Start gradually. If it’s your first time, walk the course. Stop at each zone. Try each of the equipment for 10-15 repetitions with brief breaks in between exercises. Be courteous of others and limit riding stationary bikes to 15 minutes. Using the equipment is not required to benefit from the course.
- Observe how you feel. The next time you can either repeat, or add speed to your walking/running pace and more sets of 10-15 repetitions.
ADDITIONAL RULES OF THE ROAD
- Suggested hours of use: Dawn to dusk.
- Be at least 18 years old, or have parental supervision.
- In case of emergency, Security at (949) 235-3147 or 911 for urgent health problems.
- Saddleback Church is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
For more information, email [email protected].