SADDLEBACK CHURCH FITNESS COURSE
FREE FITNESS COURSE COMES TO SADDLEBACK’S LAKE FOREST CAMPUS
Can’t afford a gym membership but want to exercise? Saddleback Church has a new Fitness Course which is now available to use free of charge on its Lake Forest campus!
This 1/2 mile course include five “zones” — or stations — with new equipment per zone that target different muscle groups. According to Tina Pretsch, AFAA Certified Personal trainer and Saddleback Church staff member, the Fitness Course provides a good variety of exercises that can improve your strength, endurance and flexibility.
“By adding exercise, you will increase your metabolism which leads to many health benefits,” said Pretsch who also leads a Women’s Daniel Plan small group on Thursdays, 7-9pm in the Plaza Room. “Plus it’s outdoors so you can soak up some Vitamin D as well!”
FITNESS COURSE TIPS
Pretsch offered the following pointers for getting started on the Fitness Course:
- Check with your physician before starting any new exercise regimen (legal disclaimer). If at anytime you feel faint or dizzy, discontinue exercising and consult your physician.
- Be smart! Work out with a friend, or small group. Bring water bottle, towel and phone.
- Begin with a 5-minute warm-up walk/run/jumping jacks and stretch.
- Start gradually. If it’s your first time, walk the course. Stop at each zone. Try each of the equipment for 10-15 repetitions with brief breaks in between exercises. Be courteous of others and limit riding stationary bikes to 15 minutes. Using the equipment is not required to benefit from the course.
- Observe how you feel. The next time you can either repeat, or add speed to your walking/running pace and more sets of 10-15 repetitions.
ADDITIONAL RULES OF THE ROAD
- Suggested hours of use: Dawn to dusk.
- Be at least 18 years old, or have parental supervision.
- In case of emergency, Security at (949) 235-3147 or 911 for urgent health problems.
- Saddleback Church is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
For more information, email [email protected].