This weekend invite your friends over for dessert and serve them…Avocado Gelato? Yes, it may sound a bit weird, but I haven’t met a person yet who doesn’t LOVE it. Avocado gelato is a lower-sugar, lighter-calorie adaptation of a recipe from our friend and Daniel Plan Signature Chef Jenny Ross!
- 3 avocados
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup honey (agave or rice syrup for vegans)
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate protein powder (vegan)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 dropper full chocolate-flavored liquid stevia
- -In a blender, mix all the ingredients except coconut flakes. Blend until creamy and smooth. Mixture
- should be very thick!
- -Either smooth entire contents into a cake pan or drop round in tablespoon-sized balls (like cookies,
- but a little thinner) onto a cookie sheet. Note that it is easier to spread the mixture into a cake pan,
- but it is a little more challenging to cut it after it has been frozen. Dropping onto a cookie sheet can
- be a little messy, but then it is easier to grab and eat after freezing. Try it both ways and see how
- you like it. Sprinkle coconut over the top. Place cake pan or cookie sheet in freezer for at least 2
- hours until frozen. Serve as a frozen treat. They taste like Fudgesicles!