A Man’s Cookbook for “THE HERD”
Need an easy and tasty appetizer to take to a party? Try Robert’s delicious Bacon Wrapped Dates the next time you want to take a yummy treat to your next gathering!
- 12 each Medjool Dates, pitted
- 6 each Bacon Strips, Turkey Bacon or Nitrate Free Bacon
- 12 each Toothpicks
- 1 sheet Parchment Paper
- TT. Cracked Mixed Peppercorns (Optional)
- TT. Balsamic Glaze (Optional)
(To make this glaze, simply take 1 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar in a pan, bring to a boil, reduce by 75%. Let cool.)
- TT. Spinach Oil (Optional)
Preheat oven to 400F. Cut bacon strips in half making 2 equal size pieces, about 4 inches each. Wrap a half-strip of bacon around each date; pierce it with a toothpick and place on a baking sheet with parchment. Bake until bacon is crisp, about 15 – 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Garnish plate with cracked peppercorns, balsamic glaze and spinach oil if desired.