Did you know that if you eat well for breakfast, you are more likely to eat well all day long? So start your day off right with this delicious frittata that is filled with protein and fiber!
- – 6 large eggs
- – 1 medium red onion, diced fine
- – 1 clove garlic, crushed
- – 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- – 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- – Dash of salt
- – 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- – 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- – 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- – Sun-dried Tomatoes (optional)
- – Preheat oven to 350º. Heat olive oil in a wide non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- – Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion begins to soften (about 3 minutes). Stir in garlic, parsley, and broccoli.
- – Continue cooking, stirring often, until broccoli is bright green (about 3 minutes).
- – Season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Stir in broccoli mixture. Grease shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- – Pour the broccoli mixture into the dish. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese. Top with Sun-dried tomatoes (optional). Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes, until frittata is firm in center when touched.