The real gift is giving. This Christmas season, The Daniel Plan encourages you to start a new tradition of giving back to those less fortunate. As Saddleback Church devotes this weekend (Dec. 10-11) to reaching out to the community in service, we’ve included a variety of ways you can pitch in, help out, give back and receive the blessing of Christmas.
Below are a few ways you can make someone’s day special. If you are near Saddleback’s Lake Forest Campus, start with the Good Neighbor Weekend to find a variety of organizations, ministries and ways to align your efforts with our church.
- Offer free babysitting to busy parents
- Donate used books to library
- Help someone with yard work
- Pick up groceries for a neighbor
- Talk with a homeless person
- Wash a neighbor’s car
- Call or visit someone who is sick
- Donate blood
- Cook a healthy meal for someone
- Donate used clothing
- Planta a garden, herbs etc
More ideas at: http://www.randomactsofkindness.org/Kindness-Ideas/Browse/.