Made with 70% bittersweet chocolate, these delightful little nibbles are portion controlled in mini baking cups and make the perfect sweet treat for Valentine’s Day. Each bite has about a ½ ounce of chocolate. No cooking required—only melting chocolate. Use high quality chocolate for the best flavor.
Makes 8 pieces
- 4 ounces 70% bittersweet chocolate
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 2-inch paper baking cups (mini size)
1. With a serrated, bread or a large chefs knife, chop the chocolate into small pieces. Melt chocolate either in the microwave or a double boiler.
To melt chocolate in the microwave, place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave using 50% power for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Continue in 30-second increments until chocolate is mostly melted. It’s ready when there are still a few lumps. They will smooth out as you stir.
To melt chocolate in a double boiler, place a few inches of water in a small pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Turn heat to low, and sit a small bowl on top and barely into the pan; it should not touch the hot water. Put chocolate in the bowl. Stir occasionally until chocolate melts smooth.
2. Place 8 paper baking cups on a flat plate, baking sheet, or mini cupcake pan. Drizzle in 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate, then top with a sprinkle of nuts, coconut, and a 6-8 dried cranberries. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon melted chocolate, and sprinkle with a bit more nuts and coconut. Refrigerate to set.