By Sally Cameron, http://afoodcentriclife.com/broccolini-a-fast-and-healthy-side-dish
Fast, easy, healthy, and tastes good. What more could you want? Bring a pot of water to a boil and this is done before you can set the table. Broccolini also goes by the names of broccolette and baby broccoli at the market, but it’s really a cross between broccoli and Chinese kale. Dress it in many way with oils, herbs and spices.
Yield: 3-4 servings per bundle/package, depending on how you trim
- 2 bundles or wrapped package of broccolini or broccolette
- Salt, pepper and oil to taste
- Dressing options: olive oil, white truffle oil, lemon olive oil, chili oil, herbs and spices. See my notes in the post for flavor options.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While it’s coming to a boil, trim the broccolini. When water is boiling, add a generous amount of salt, abut a tablespoon to 4-5 quarts of water.
- Drop broccolini into boiling water for 2 1/2 minutes. Drain immediately and dress with salt, pepper, other seasonings and oil to taste.