Get Moving with Sean!
This week try : STATIONARY LUNGES
Here’s a great Burst move to help you tone and firm your entire lower body-without sweating!
Burst Stationary Lunges are one of my favorite movements because you can easily perform them throughout your busy day. The main difference between a “Lunge” and a “Burst Stationary Lunge” is you won’t be moving up and down with this move-you’ll just be holding the “lunge” position like in the picture for up to 30 seconds on each leg (Note: If you can’t hold this position for 30 seconds-no worries-try 10 seconds and build up from there).
Couple of helpful tips when performing this move:
1. You can use a chair or wall for balance or with your arms comfortably at your sides
2. With your back straight, balance your weight evenly between your front right heel and the ball of your left foot.
3. Keep your chest up and look straight ahead.
4. Bend both knees, lowering your right thigh until it’s parallel to the floor.
5. Tighten your buttocks and lunge down as low as you can.
6. Remember, don’t allow your left knee to rest on the floor.
7. Try to hold this position for 30 seconds and then alternate with the other leg and hold for 30 seconds.
Try and complete this move as many times as you can during your work day and strengthen your body, one day at a time!