Julius’ life dramatically changed after he received “The Daniel Plan” book as a gift. By learning to incorporate the five Essentials: Faith, Food, Fitness, Focus, and Friends into his life, he experienced life-changing transformation. His story is an inspiration to all who feel stuck, controlled by old habits and an unhealthy lifestyle.
A Precious Gift
In January 2014, I was given “The Daniel Plan” book by two friends who attend Saddleback Church. At the beginning of my journey, I weighed 240 pounds and was not concerned with eating a healthy diet or working out. I started reading the book and learning about the five Essentials of the program, which are Faith, Food, Fitness, Focus and Friends. I also visited Saddleback Church and listened to the “Transformed” message series Pastor Rick Warren was teaching. This series, was based on Romans 12:2 which made a strong impression on me and my faith in God was strengthened.
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.”
I realized deep inside that I was abusing the sacred body that God had given me. It was time to make a change.
In the spring, I joined an athletic club and started taking classes such as cycling and a cardio/weight training class. I was greatly encouraged and motivated by my trainers, who checked on my progress and gave me tips and advice. It was so important for me to surround myself with friends who held me accountable during my health journey. I also changed my diet. This was difficult in the beginning because of my cravings for junk food, rice and soda. However, this is where the Faith essential really helped me. When I prayed for strength or for temptations to be removed, my prayers were answered. I was also blessed to receive tremendous support in living a healthy lifestyle from my Aunt Ruth and Uncle Jonas.
New Lifestyle Embraced
Through God’s grace my life has been positively impacted by The Daniel Plan.
- The Daniel Plan has rekindled my faith in God. I am now strong and confident in the Lord and determined as a child of God to strive for excellence in all that I do.
- I have an unwavering desire to live a healthy lifestyle, by eating healthy foods and staying active. I know this is a continuous journey, but I firmly believe that with God and the people God has placed in my life, I will be able to overcome any obstacles that may arise.
- I have lost over 50 pounds so far!
- As a 10 year cancer survivor, I am grateful for the second chance God has given me. I believe that God led me to read The Daniel Plan so that I would begin taking care of his health.
- I am grateful for the transformation that has occurred in my life. I plan to continue relying on the 5 Essentials of The Daniel Plan to help me balance my life and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Julius lives in Santa Barbara, California. He hopes to become an advocate for others who need the encouragement and support as they begin their journey to health.