As a special treat, we’re featuring an easy, healthy and delicious nut mix for your holiday parties from our friends at Experience Life Magazine.
SERVES 6, ¼ cup servings of mixed nuts
- – ½ cup almonds (raw or soaked and dehydrated)
- – ½ cup walnuts (raw or soaked and dehydrated)
- – cup pepitas (raw or soaked and dehydrated)
- – 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- – 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- – 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- – ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- – ¼ teaspoon cinnamon or allspice
- – 1 heaping tablespoon goji berries
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 300F.
Step 2: Combine nuts and seeds in a small bowl.
Step 3: In a small saucepan, add the maple syrup and coconut oil. Whisk the maple syrup and oil over medium-low heat for about 30 seconds until coconut oil is melted; remove from heat.
Step 4: Mix in the salt, spices, and chia seeds; stir until fully combined.
Step 5: Pour the nuts and seed mixture into the saucepan; using a rubber spatula to scrape up all the syrup and oil, combine the mixture until fully coated and evenly distributed.
Step 6: Line a baking pan with parchment or Silpat; pour the mixture out on the pan and distribute in one even layer (you will not need the entire width of the pan).
Step 7: Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Stir, and roast another 7 to 8 minutes.
Step 8: Remove from the oven; stir in the goji berries while the mixture is still warm. Let cool on the pan. Once hardened, break up any large chunks and store in a glass container for up to 5 days.