Savory and warm, this dip will be familiar but with a healthier profile. Serve with baked whole grain or rice chips or raw vegetables like red bell peppers. It could even work as a side dish for your thanksgiving menu.
Gluten Free, makes 4-6 servings.
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen spinach
- 12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- 3-4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano (or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped)
- 5 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°.
2. Cook frozen spinach according to package directions.
3. Place cooked spinach in a sieve and press all water out of the spinach. Do the same with the artichoke hearts. Coarsely chop the spinach and artichokes.
4. In a medium pan, heat olive oil over medium low heat. Add onion and oregano. Cook until soft. Add garlic, and cook 1 more minute while stirring.
5. Stir in artichokes, spinach, yogurt and ½ cup of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. For a creamier consistency, add a couple more tablespoons of Greek yogurt or vegan or organic mayonnaise.
6. Place dip in an oven safe shallow dish and bake until heated through. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan and serve. If you want to brown the top, place under a hot broiler for 1 minute until cheese melts.