Mother’s Day gives The Daniel Plan a chance to celebrate women’s health! Whether you are single, married, nursing newborns or parental veterans, we have something for you this week! However, that doesn’t let men off the hook. Turns out, many of the hormone health tips also apply to men–and relationships on the whole!
Brain-scan expert Dr. Daniel Amen shares an excerpt from his best-selling book “Change Your Brain, Change Your Body,” with an in-depth overview on Hormone Health.
Likewise, functional medicine specialist Dr. Mark Hyman writes an article about ways to improve hormone health, including a video that may shatter some commonly held beliefs about pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS).
Heart surgeon from TV’s Dr. Oz Show, Dr. Mehmet Oz gives three simple ways new mother’s can lose the baby weight after a pregnancy.
Read the amazing The Longevity Project book review which Dr. Amen brought to our attention. This incredible study of 1,500 people’s lives over the course of 90 years shows secrets to a long, healthy lifestyle!
Everyone, man and woman, needs to read Tom Wilson’s article about incorporating strength training into your routine.
Food & Nutrition
With Cinco de Mayo on May 5, The Daniel Plan asked Tana Amen for delicious and Daniel Plan “Approved” recipes. And, don’t miss our superfood spotlight on broccoli–this is one item to eat regularly.
Get Together at The Refinery This Thursday
The Refinery, on the Saddleback Church Lake Forest campus, is starting a weekly Daniel Plan night on Thursdays, 5-8pm! Come join us, meet others and share a Daniel Plan meal.
The Daniel Plan collected stories from a small group — David and Terra — and an update from Daniel Plan evangelist Kendal Rock as well as updated our “Biggest Losers – To Date” list. See how you are doing compared to Pastor Rick!
Watch our webcast May 5 at 12pm, 5pm and 7pm (PST) to hear what the doctors recommend and an update from our own Pastor Rick
PUTTING IT INTO PRACTICE
- If you are a woman, or a man curious to know how to best serve your loved one(s), read the hormone related articles from Dr. Amen and Dr. Hyman and take practical steps to improve both of your lives. For new mothers, watch Dr. Oz’s video about simple ways to lose the baby fat.
- Plan to stay connected this week by watching the webcast and going to the Refinery on May 5!
- Burn fat faster, get stronger and healthier by adding strength-training. Read Tom Wilson’s article this week, and watch his video from last week — and most importantly incorporate these concepts into your routine!
- The Longevity Project
- Peggy Matthews Rose
- Hormone Health
- Dr. Daniel Amen
- Addressing PMS, Menopause, and Andropause Naturally
- Dr. Mark Hyman
Incorporating Strength Training
- Tom Wilson
- Superfood: Broccoli
- Stefanie Cassetto
- Mexican recipes: Amen
- Daniel Plan Night at The Refinery
- David and Terra Dominguez
- Lisa Griffin
- Biggest Losers – To Date
- Daniel Plan Evangelist: Kendal Rock
- Peggy Matthews Rose