Get ready. Get set. Go! The Fun Walk & Run is June 11, and we’ve assembled everything you need to know! Whether you walk, jog or run – or not even in the race — there will be fun for everyone!
First, register now for The Daniel Plan Fun Walk & Run on June 11. It’s a 5K (3.1 miles), 10K (6.2 miles) and Kids Run on and around the Lake Forest campus of Saddleback Church. Here are the Course and Event maps, Race Day Instructions, as well as Dr. Daniel Amen’s Top Tips for Race Day and Tom Wilson’s article about Overcoming Training Obstacles. Dr. Oz also chips in a video about finding the right exercise shoe.
It will be a great Saturday morning of exercise, healthy food, music and LIVE cooking demonstrations and recipes with author Tana Amen, chef and owner of 118 Degrees Jenny Ross, and Marie Goodrow from Henry’s. And, The Refinery has developed a special race day menu for you to enjoy.
Help with registration or one of the aid/water stations on the course for race day, by contacting JoAnne at [email protected].
EXHIBIT SPACE FILLING UP
If you have a healthy business and would like to get valuable exposure during the race and online, contact Bonnie for details, (949) 609-8329, [email protected]
THE SECRET SAUCE
Why does The Daniel Plan stress getting in a small group or having a workout buddy? Read this article about The Secret Sauce and you’ll see two examples and lots of opportunities to take your health to a new level by working out and learning from others!
LETTER TO PASTOR RICK
You will also love this letter from Sarah Lowey to Pastor Rick. She agreed to let us share it with you. She started The Daniel Plan in January and recently completed her first half-marathon, so we’re calling her a Mommy Marathoner!
Dr. Mark Hyman produced this video and article about the importance and power of protein. Learn about this building block, how much to eat and good sources of protein to include in your daily diet.
Also, the Orange County Register reported online and in print this past weekend about The Daniel Plan. Here’s the link to the article.
This Thursday, The Refinery is hosting The Daniel Plan Buffet from 5-8 pm! Come enjoy healthy food and meet new people. Play table tennis, pool and much more!
PUTTING IT INTO PRACTICE
- Register for the race. It goes to a great cause, the P.E.A.C.E. Plan, and gives you a goal to train for and gives the organizers an idea of how many people to plan for. Plus the race will be a lot of fun!
- Assess your footwear and make adjustments if necessary. Both Dr. Oz and Tom Wilson gave some tips on shoes. Learn about protein and start adding good sources to every meal.
- Read The Secret Sauce and find `a group or workout buddy. It’s the secret to success!
- Race Day Instructions & Tips
- Cooking Demonstrators, Recipes
- Course and Event Maps
- Sponsors & Exhibitors
- The Refinery Special RACE DAY Menu
- Get Dunked: Hydrostatic Body Fat Test
- Dr. Amen’s Top Tips for Race Day
- Overcoming Training Obstacles
- Tom Wilson
- Nutrition for Long Distances
- Tina Pretsch
- The Secret Sauce
- David Jahr
- Sarah Lowey: Mommy Marathoner
- Superfood Spotlight: Sweet Potatoes
- Stefanie Cassetto
- Dr. Hyman Reveals the Power of Protein