The Daniel Plan team realizes how challenging it is to modify eating and exercise habits on a daily basis! Often, we can focus too much on what we’re not doing, instead of recognizing what you are doing!
We learned from Austin Andrews, from the NBC television show “The Biggest Loser” who lost 174 pounds, that while on the “ranch,” the contestants would celebrate virtually every progress point–regardless of how much weight they lost. So, this week, and every week from here, celebrate your success!
We’ve assembled videos, stories, tools and a new “Get Caught” campaign to inspire and motivate you to stay on The Daniel Plan, or get back on track.
For example, from The Dr. Oz Show, Dr. Mehmet Oz shares two powerful video segments to inspire transformation and help you tackle the three most popular diet pitfalls. Along with tips to stay motivated from a dietician, we’ve also collected these motivational quotes from people who also faced the full spectrum of adversity and success! If you have a favorite quote to share, email [email protected]!
WITNESS WITH FITNESS
We also examine the idea that “loving others begins with loving yourself,” with Dr. Daniel Amen, and Saddleback Church’s pastors, connecting the great commission with our health mission. Fitness Coach Tom Wilson also writes “witness with fitness,” explaining that our health can lead others to God.
Catch someone doing something healthy, or consistent with The Daniel Plan, and send us a photo or video! The Daniel Plan will start a virtual scrapbook of good behavior, celebrating even minor successes! Get Caught details here.
Finally, learn about the superfood acai berry, and the importance of drinking water–especially clean water, written by Dr. Mark Hyman. Also, Chef Jenny Ross demonstrates how to make a delicious summer Kale Salad with a savory garlic dressing in this video.
PUTTING IT INTO PRACTICE
- Celebrate your success! Write down everything from last week or weekend, you did to help improve your health, small or large. From trying a new recipe, ordering differently at a restaurant, overcoming an exercise hurdle, sharing The Daniel Plan with someone, avoiding certain foods, anything! Start, if you haven’t already, journaling this progress and watch as your journey becomes a motivational tool!
- If you need a jolt of motivation, watch the videos (have tissue handy), read the articles, update your One-Page Miracle and regain the purpose behind making these changes in your life.
- Catch someone doing something healthy and send it in!
- Loving Others Begins with Loving Yourself
- Peggy Matthews Rose
- How to Stay Motivated
- Austin Andrews: Up Close & Personal
- The McGough Family Health Journey Changes Mother, Father and Son
- Motivational Quotes from 21st Century
- Witness with Fitness
- Tom Wilson
COMPLETE RACE COVERAGE