By Sean Foy, MA Daniel Plan Health and Fitness Coach
It’s one thing to start an exercise program, but how do you keep on going? Exercise physiologist and behavioral coach Sean Foy has 10 tips to help you stay on track:
- Know your numbers: Before your program begins consider performing assessments to determine the information that is important to you. Determine what you would most like to track during your Daniel Plan program (e.g. weight, body fat, cholesterol, body measurements). Once you capture your numbers, enter them into your FREE Daniel Plan Health Profile.
- Plan your week: Before your week begins, open your calendar and block out the exact time you will move your body.
- FOCUS – Plan your day: Before you get into the busyness of life, take 5 minutes to write down what you’d like to accomplish related to your fitness, your food and your faith and share your intentions with a friend. Consider getting The Daniel Plan Journal to track all your food and activities.
- Record your progress on your phone, online or using your Daniel Plan Journal: Check the box when you have completed your fitness for the day and or week. Enter information such as how long you exercised, how hard you trained-intensity, how you felt during your workout, number of reps, sets and or weight lifted too. Relate your fitness progress to what you’ve been eating and notice the trends.
- Reward yourself: When you complete your weekly goals reward yourself at the end of the week with:
- A massage
- A movie
- Time to yourself
- Track with a buddy: Invite a friend or family member via Twitter, Facebook, Snap Chat or other social media programs to track with you, sharing each other’s progress daily and weekly. You can let them know what you are planning to do for the day and or week and then let them know how you did at the end of the day and or week.
Remember to Win Today! God bless, Coach Sean