Filled with protein and fiber, vegetable omelets are a satisfying meal day or night. Make 1 large omelet to share or as many as you wish.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Dash black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper (red, orange, yellow)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 large mushroom, thinly sliced
- Dash of pepper
1. In a bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a sauté or frying pan that has a lid. Add garlic, spinach, peppers, onion, tomato, and mushroom. Sauté until veggies are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from pan. Set aside in a bowl.
3. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in the pan. Pour the eggs in the pan. Add in the veggies on top of the egg mixture, reduce heat to low, cover pan with lid. Cook for about 2 minutes. If the egg is still uncooked, cook for another minute uncovered. Fold the omelet in half.
4. Serve right away.
Optional: Chop tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Mix together for a breakfast side salad.