Daniel Plan Wellness Advisor, Tana Amen
- 3 cups shredded kale or Swiss Chard
- ½ cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- *option: use 1 Cup prepackaged coleslaw mix instead of cabbage
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ½ Cup chopped raw cashews
- ½ Cup Vegannaise
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ pkt Stevia (optional)
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped (or ½ tsp dried)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (or ½ tsp dried)
- 1/3 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ Cup dried cranberries
- Combine kale, cabbage, carrot, and nuts
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Vegannaise, vinegar, stevia, spices, oregano and thyme. Whisk until mixture is blended well.
- Toss with salad mix.
- Allow salad to refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving if possible so flavors can “marry”.
This salad actually tastes better the following day after the flavors marry and the kale has a chance to absorb some of the dressing.
*Option: Try combining above ingredients for dressing, from vinegar down in a blender or food processor with ¼ cup sesame oil and ½ Cup raw peanuts or almonds (I’m not a big fan of peanuts, but they give great flavor to the dressing). Puree and pour over salad blend. Toss well.
Top with sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.