Skip the fast food taco joints and make tastier, healthier tacos at home. Tacos are the perfect use for leftover shredded roast chicken. You could also use thinly sliced steak, small grilled shrimp, even seasoned and cooked ground beef or turkey. Tacos are so versatile! See recipe for roast chicken breast on page 195.
- 8 small organic corn tortillas
- 2 cups finely shredded green or red cabbage (or dark lettuce leaves)
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, diced or sliced thinly
- 2 avocados, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cups shredded roast chicken breast
- 2 ounces shredded jalapeno-jack cheese (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1-2 large limes cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup Creamy Chipotle- Lime Sauce (below)
1. Warm tortillas for about 30 seconds in the microwave wrapped in waxed paper or in an oven-safe tortilla warmer, until they are soft and pliable.
2. Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of sauce. Top with cabbage, tomato, avocado, chicken, cheese, and cilantro. Squeeze lime over the top.
Get Your Copy of The Daniel Plan Cookbook!
Creamy Chipotle-Lime Sauce
Make your tacos sing with this fresh spicy sauce. It works well with any taco meat or toppings.
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup organic or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 pinches kosher or sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle or cayenne powder
Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.