Neal D. Barnard, M.D.
Clinical researcher and author Neal Barnard, M.D., is one of America’s leading advocates for health, nutrition, and higher standards in research. As the principal investigator of several human clinical research trials, whose results are published in peer-reviewed medical and scientific journals, Dr. Barnard has examined key issues in health and nutrition.
In Power Foods for the Brain, Dr. Neal Barnard has gathered the most important research and studies to deliver a program that can boost brain health, reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, and other less serious malfunctions, including low energy, poor sleep patterns, irritability, and lack of focus. The plan includes information on:
- The best foods to increase cognitive function and boost folate, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12
- The dangers dairy products and meats may have on memory
- The role alcohol plays in Alzheimer’s risk
- The latest research on certain toxic metals, like aluminums found in cookware, soda cans, and common antacids
- Plus, more than 50 recipes and timesaving kitchen tips.