by Sally Cameron
The perfect no-cook dessert for friends and family: fresh strawberries with a sweet and tangy sour cream dip made with vanilla and honey. What could be easier. Look for the Green Valley Organics brand of sour cream. It’s rich and thick, more like the French sour cream called Creme Fraiche. It you can’t find that, use either regular sour cream or a combination of sour cream and creme fraiche.
Serves: About 6-8 (leftover dip keeps well)
- 1 – 16 ounce container of sour cream (preferably Green Valley Organics)
- 2-3 teaspoons of real vanilla extract
- 2 -3 teaspoons of mild honey
- Fresh strawberries, washed, stems left on
- Organic light brown sugar or coconut sugar, optional
- Add the sour cream, vanilla and honey to a small bowl and whisk together until smooth and creamy. Serve with fresh strawberries as a dip. For added sweetness and crunch, offer a small bowl of brown sugar to sprinkle on berries or dip into after the sour cream.