Want a quick and easy salad recipe?
Here’s how to make a quick and healthy salad with pre-cooked packaged beans!
Why use packaged beans? They’re already cooked for you, so you don’t have to worry about hours and hours of cooking time.
Black-Eyed Pea Salad Directions:
1) Add about 2 cups of prepared black eyed peas.
2) Add diced cucumber. I use a Persian cucumber with less seeds in it.
3) Add some diced red bell pepper and sliced red onion.
4) Add half a cup of fat-free feta cheese.
5) Mix in the bowl
1) Add 2 tablespoons of lemon and a little bit of the zest.
2) Add extra virgin olive oil
3) Add dried oregano
4) Add a bit of Himalayan sea salt with some freshly ground black pepper.
5) Mix and serve!
Why is this dish great?
Black eyed peas are a symbol of good luck. They’re often eaten around New Years to bring on a great new year. But you can eat this anytime.
Super light, full of protein, lots of nice crunch from the vegetables, and easy to make.