If you had one page to keep with you, this would be it. (Click Here to Print)
3 RESOLUTIONS YOU CAN KEEP
- Set realistic goals and reward yourself. For example, start with short term goals like “exercise 3 times this week” or “make vegetables the primary thing I eat today.” Then move to monthly goals that may include weight loss or body fat percentage. For every little achievement, give yourself a healthy reward, like a walk on the beach, or eat out at a healthy restaurant.
- Adopt a learning attitude. Be aware of health and fitness sources online and in magazines. Begin to seek new information that pertains to you. Amaze your friends with new-found knowledge, then put it into practice.
- Stay connected with God and others. Developing an ongoing awareness of God’s presence in your life may be the most rewarding thing about being on The Daniel Plan! Also, don’t try to make a bunch of change on your own. Stay connected through www.danielplan.com and with a small group of family or friends who will support each other.
HEALTHY FOOD STAPLES
- Fresh and frozen vegetables: Broccoli, spinach, snow peas, carrots, red peppers, corn, peas, onion
- Fresh and frozen fruit: apples, grapes, Cuties, berries
- Dips for veggies like hummus, salsa
- Lean meats: 0-3 grams of fat per ounce.
- Green leafy salads and vinegar-based dressings
- Steal cut oats
- Protein powder
- Almonds – raw
- Stevia for sweetener
- Chia seeds
- Tamari sauce, Tapatio
- Fresh or minced garlic
TOP 10 TIPS/TOOLS FOR HEALTHY LIVING
- Running shoes
- Exercise gear (shorts, t-shirts, towels)
- Mp3 player, i.e. iPod
- Exercise mat
- Fitbit or other tracking device
- Journal — Written, online or mobile app to track food, exercise, how you feel
- Equipment – exercise DVD, jump rope, resistance bands or hand weights
- Try new classes and/or join a gym that has a variety of offerings
- Body scale, measuring tape
- Reusable Containers and a large water bottle you can carry everywhere!
- Daily quiet time
- Eat right
- Exercise daily
- Connect with others (small group, friend, family and/or fitness professionals)