By Sally Cameron
Tasting like liquid pumpkin pie, this smoothie is bound to start your fall morning off right. Sound crazy? Just try it. I drink a whole one for breakfast, but you can split it into two for smaller smoothies. If you want to use ready-made coconut milk that’s fine. Using the canned allows you to control the thickness. I use organic, BPA-free canned Native Forest. It’s the best. For help choosing a protein powder or a list of alternatives, read this post.
Serves 1-2 (makes 16 ounces)
- 6 ounces canned whole coconut milk
- 4 ounces water
- 6 tablespoons canned pure pumpkin
- 1 small (or half a large) banana
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (fresh grated is best)
- Pinch of clove
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- Place all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.