By eatcleaner.com/ (RECIPE)
How do you get more nutrients onto your plate? Veggie pasta ribbons and more to your meatball!
Makes 6 servings
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey (substitute tempeh for a vegan/vegetarian alternative)
- ½ C soy chorizo
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 Cup finely grated carrot
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 lbs zucchini and yellow squash, shaved into ribbons with a carrot peeler
- Fresh Pecorino cheese
Combine all ingredients except squash and shape into 1 1/2” balls using a small ice cream scoop or spoon and hands. Heat skillet and spray with non stick oil. Brown meatballs for about 5 minutes and stew until done, about 10 minutes, in prepared marinara sauce.
In a separate pan, boil squash ribbons for about 2 minutes or until al dente. Drain and spoon into a bowl. Top with meatballs and sauce and a shaving of fresh Pecorino.