The Daniel Plan has helped more than 14,000 people since January! But it differs from typical short-term diets. So, this week we’re taking time to re-focus, explaining what it is, what makes it different and where’s it’s going.
As part of the Decade of Destiny campaign, Pastor Rick started with The Daniel Plan to help people create more physical energy and vitality so they can make additional changes in other areas of their lives. But he says he could not ask people to do what he was not doing himself. So he announced a goal to lose 90 lbs in 2011. As part of that, The Daniel Plan envisions starting a movement so the result is better physical and spiritual health for current and future generations.
What is the Daniel Plan?
The Daniel Plan is a 52-week campaign to help you adopt a healthy lifestyle, with the goal of glorifying God in the way we eat, move and think.
What to Expect from www.DanielPlan.com
The Daniel Plan is delivered through www.danielplan.com which provides an online community, weekly articles, videos, and other tools and resources to:
- Provide motivation
- Give new healthy habits
- Connect you with a community
Is The Daniel Plan for You?
Yes. Whether or not you attend Saddleback Church, are overweight, in-shape or something in between, The Daniel Plan will guide you to improved health, and it’s FREE. We’ll show you what to do and how to do it, but you have to do the work. You can start anytime!
The Daniel Plan At-A-Glance Healthy Habits
- Get started.
- Start eating good foods.
- Stop eating bad foods.
- Get moving.
- Get motivated.
- Add God’s power.
What Makes The Daniel Plan Different?
- Group support – We’re better together.
- Flexible and Personalized – You can start anytime via online.
- Feedback and Inspiration – Faith and fitness.
- Expert guidance – Dr. Amen, Dr. Hyman and Dr. Oz.
- Functional medicine – Treat the cause, not the symptom.
What’s Next For The Daniel Plan?
- Become a “Health Champion!” You will be given access to exclusive events, information and encouragement!
- Plans are in the works for a Daniel Plan mobile application.
PUTTING IT INTO PRACTICE
- Review articles, videos you may have missed during the first 10 weeks. We are all at different stages of change, so take time this week to comb through the site and discover something new to help you!
- Re-visit your goals and re-focus your next steps. Update your profile numbers and set new goals.
- Tell your story and share The Daniel Plan online or with friends, family and others.
- Cost-Saving Tips for Eating Healthy
- Compiled from Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Daniel Amen and Volunteer Smart Shoppers Chaundel Holladay and Kim Moeller
- Your Workout Routine
- Tom Wilson’s (3rd in 3-part series)
- Superfood Spotlight: Blueberries & Blackberries, Stefanie Cassetto
- Do These 10 Things First
- Dr. Daniel Amen
- Does Church Make You Fat?
- Randy Dotinga, HealthDay Reporter
- Huff & Puff, April 10 & Other Community Events
- Fair Trade: Cacoa, by Stefanie Cassetto
- Sample Recipes, submitted by volunteers