(from The Daniel Plan Cookbook – Healthy Cooking for Life)
Enjoy a slight twist on a classic chicken salad. Try this as an open face sandwich on gluten-free bread or rolled into a brown rice tortilla.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 4 small celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 generous tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 4 tablespoons organic mayonnaise or Veganaise
- A few squeezes of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste (or lemon pepper)
- 2 large whole wheat pitas, sliced in half
- Red lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomato (optional)
In a medium bowl, gently mix chicken, celery, onion, dill, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Fill each pita half with a lettuce leaf, a slice or two of tomato, then a quarter of the chicken salad.
The Daniel Plan Cookbook includes more than 100 delicious, healthy recipes from breakfast to dessert. Go to www.danielplan.com to order.